Law Offices of Ronald J. Kim, PC
Debt Collector Harassing You?
Are you being plagued by a debt collector?
Are they calling all hours of the night, contacting your workplace, your neighbors and your relatives? Are they making scary threats over the telephone to take your property, garnish your wages or freeze your bank account?
It is illegal for a debt collector to:
- Harrass you with repeated phone calls
- Use obscene, profane or abusive language
- Call you before 8 AM or after 9 PM
- Leave a voice mail message regarding a debt
- Threaten to show up at work
- Call you at work if you have told them your employer prohbits such calls
- Discuss your debt with your employer, co-workers, neighbors, friends, or family members
- Call or write you if you have told them you have retained an attorney
- Misrepresent the amount, status or character of the debt
- Demand a larger payment that permitted by law
- Fail to identify themselves when they call you
- Threaten violence or damage to your property
- Threaten to have you arrested
- Threaten any action that they do not intend to pursue or cannot pursue.
Ron has extensive experience protecting people from illegal, fraudulent debt collectors. Debt collectors must comply with a Federal Law called the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA). Ron has represnted many consumers just like you who were improperly harassed and oppressed by debt collectors who violate the FDCPA. He can turn the tables on these predators and make them go away.
FREE PERSONAL INITIAL CONSULTATION
NO LEGAL FEE UNLESS YOU WIN
Call Ron now at
Ron has successfully advocated for his clients in many of the following Courts during his twenty-plus year career:
Town/City Courts of: Albany, Altamont, Amsterdam, Argyle, Ballston, Ballston Spa, Berne, Bethlehem, Bolton, Brunswick, Cambridge, Charlton, Chester, Clifton Park, Cohoes, Colonie, Coeymans, Corinth, Day, Delaware, Dresden, Duanesburg, East Greenbush, Easton, Edinburg, Fort Ann, Fort Edward, Fulton, Galway, Glens Falls, Glenville, Gloversville, Grafton, Granville, Greene, Greenfield, Greenwich, Guilderland, Hadley, Hague, Halfmoon, Hampton, Hartford, Hebron, Hoosick, Horicon, Hudson, Hudson Falls, Jackson, Johnstown, Johnsburg, Kingsbury, Lake George, Lake Luzerne, Malta, Mechanicville, Menands, Milton, Montgomery, Moreau, Nassau, New Scotland, Northumberland, Providence, Putnam, Queensbury, Rensselaer, Rensselaerville, Rotterdam, Salem, Saratoga, Saratoga Springs, Schenectady, Schoharie, Schodack, Scotia, Stillwater, Stony Creek, Thurman, Troy, Ulster, Voorheesville, Warren, Warrensburg, Washington, Waterford, Watervliet, White Creek, Whitehall, Wilton.
State Supreme Courts of: Albany, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schenectady, Warren and Washington.
United States Federal Courts: Northern District of New York, Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of New York, District of Massachusetts, and U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.