Law Offices of Ronald J. Kim, PC
Debt Collector Harassing You?
Are you being plagued by a debt collector?
Are they calling all hours of the night, contacting your workplace, your neighbors and your relatives? Are they making scary threats over the telephone to take your property, garnish your wages or freeze your bank account?
It is illegal for a debt collector to:
- Harrass you with repeated phone calls
- Use obscene, profane or abusive language
- Call you before 8 AM or after 9 PM
- Leave a voice mail message regarding a debt
- Threaten to show up at work
- Call you at work if you have told them your employer prohbits such calls
- Discuss your debt with your employer, co-workers, neighbors, friends, or family members
- Call or write you if you have told them you have retained an attorney
- Misrepresent the amount, status or character of the debt
- Demand a larger payment that permitted by law
- Fail to identify themselves when they call you
- Threaten violence or damage to your property
- Threaten to have you arrested
- Threaten any action that they do not intend to pursue or cannot pursue.
Ron has extensive experience protecting people from illegal, fraudulent debt collectors. Debt collectors must comply with a Federal Law called the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA). Ron has represnted many consumers just like you who were improperly harassed and oppressed by debt collectors who violate the FDCPA. He can turn the tables on these predators and make them go away.